Kookeet is located just at the station of Bruges. Travelling by train is the easiest way to get to Kookeet. But we can also suggest following alternatives:
Kookeet takes place alongside the station, on the St. Michiels' side, so that is easy to reach by train.
There are permanent bike racks at both the front (F1) and back (F2) of the station. In addition, there is a temporary bike rack (F3) during Kookeet, where you can leave your bike in perfect safety.
There are a number of different public car parks around the event site:
- In front of the station, 1,498 places, just 2 minutes' walk from Kookeet
- B parking, 500 places (next to Kookeet)
- Groene Poorte, 430 places (not on Monday), 10 minutes' walk from Kookeet
- Magdalenastraat, 100 places, 12 minutes' walk from Kookeet
- ’t Zand, 1,380 places, 12 minutes' walk from Kookeet or 5 minutes by bus (direction 'station')
- Oud St Jan, 120 places, 10 minutes' walk from Kookeet
- Oesterparking, 175 places (next to Kookeet)
- Ketsbruggestraat: 90 places, 10 minutes' walk
HOW TO REACH THE DIFFERENT CAR PARKS:
To ensure the best possible flow of traffic, may we please ask you to follow the routes given below if you intend to come to Kookeet in your car:
Car parks 't Zand – Oud St Jan – Station (front)
Coming from the direction of Ghent and Kortrijk: follow the E403 (direction Zeebrugge), then the N351 (direction centre). You enter the ’t Zand car park (5) via the road tunnel that runs under the square. The bus stop to the railway station is on the Vrijdagmarkt, opposite the Concert Hall (Concertgebouw).
For all other car parks, drive through the road tunnel, until you reach the UNESCO roundabout, where you follow the direction board to Maldegem/Oostkamp.
- For the Oud St Jan car park (6), turn right at the first set of traffic lights and then take the second street on the right.
- For the station car park (1), turn right at the third set of traffic lights.
B Parking – Groene Poorte – Oesterparking
Coming from the direction of Ghent and Kortrijk: follow the E403 (direction Zeebrugge) and take the St-Michiels exit. At the third roundabout (where Kookeet is taking place), take the second exit in the direction of the station. At the next roundabout, turn right. B parking (2) is on the left, under the 'Kamgebouw' office complex. The Ter Groene Poorte car park (3) is another 100 metres further on, on the right. Please note that this car park is open on Saturday and Sunday from 10h - 23h and not open on Mondays. For the Oesterparking (7), take the third exit at the Kookeet roundabout.
Magdalenastraat car park (4)
Coming from the direction of Ghent and Kortrijk: follow the E403 (direction) Zeebrugge and take the Zedelgem exit. Turn right at the traffic lights and then take the fourth street on the right. Once on the square, take the third exit; this is the Magdalenastraat.
By bus (De Lijn)
The following routes stop at the bus stop (B) in front of the sation: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-23 en 25
There are late evening buses from 20.10 onwards to the following destinations:
- 88 Sint-Michiels – Kinepolis (cinema)
- 89 Sint-Andries – AZ Sint-Jan (hospital)
- 90 City centre – Sint-Jozef – Koolkerke – Dudzele
- 91 City centre – Gentpoort – Kruispoort – Assebroek
- 92 Sint-Pieters – Lissewege – Zwankendamme – Zeebrugge
- 93 Vogelzang – Varsenare – Jabbeke – Zerkegem – Snellegem
- 94 Kinepolis – Zedelgem – Aartrijke
- 95 Moerbrugge – Oostkamp – Hertsberge
- 96 Oostkamp – Waardamme – Ruddervoorde
- 97 Assebroek – Oedelem – Beernem – Sint-Joris
- 98 Sint-Kruis – Sijsele – Vivenkapelle – Moerkerke
- 99 Loppem – Merkemveld – Veldegem
For more information, please consult the De Lijn website or use the following link: https://www.brugge.be/netplan-de-lijn. Alternatively, you can call the De Lijn info number on 070 220 220.
For people planning to take a taxi to Kookeet, there are permanent taxi ranks at the following locations:
- On the main market square (Markt)
- In the Vlamingstraat
- At the Bargeweg
- At the cruise terminal in Zeebrugge (the Zweedse kaai)
- Boeveriestraat ('t Zand)
For those planning to return home by taxi, the closest ranks to kookeet are:
- At Bruges station, Sint-Michiels side
At Bruges station, Bruges city centre side
Info via www.brugge.be/taxi
Bruges also offers bike taxis:
Sven Roemans 0472 67 35 25
Fietskoetsen Brugge 0478 40 95 57
Greenrides 0478 51 41 15
Greenrides 0468 30 19 05